10/12/2014

What's On Your Work Desk? Wednesday #288

Good morning time for another WOYWW - go check out Julia's blog the Stamping Ground for all the details.

On my desk this cold Wednesday is a painting or at least my attempt at a painting.  It's at the very early stages where I've added some base colour.  I've never painted dark to light so it will be interesting to see if I can paint this way.  When finished it should be of a traditional Indian woman - well that's what I'm aiming for but we'll see.  As you can see the shading looks a bit dodgy hopefully that will correct itself as I work on it.  

I'm off to put it away for now as I need to make some more cards for the shop. Thank you to everyone who commented on last weeks post and apologies that I couldn't visit as many blogs as I would have liked to - hope to rectify that this week.    


Have a lovely day
Anita

5 comments:

Neet said...

Right, can see her face now (at first I was trying to make out a body). Good luck with the painting and I know you will do it (dark to light)
Hugs, Neet 17 xx

Neet said...

Right, can see her face now (at first I was trying to make out a body). Good luck with the painting and I know you will do it (dark to light)
Hugs, Neet 17 xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I'm sure your portrait will turn out brill, Anita! There's always a stage where it looks a bit scary and you think "oh, no I've ruined it" but then it slowly emerges. Having watched some YT videos I know it takes a lot of tinkering to get a portrait right and build it layer by layer. Thanks for visiting earlier! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InyDinkyDoodle #40

Anne said...

Wish I could produce such work. I'm sure it will be brilliant. Happy WOYWW Anne x #29

HeARTworks said...

I'm going to visit again to see what comes out.I also like to see a step by step! Thanks for the peek! A blessed season to you! Patsy from
HeARTworks