04/11/2014

DIY Washi tape - Art Every Day November

I like washi tape and what you can do with it but I wanted to make my own bespoke tape to match my artwork.  There are plenty of tutorials on You Tube with different ways of making it.  I've used masking tape for mine because that is what I had and didn't want to go and buy anything special just in case I didn't like the way it turned out. 

I didn't want to make a whole real of tape I only wanted enough to have a play with and use on a Christmas card I've designed using stamps from Oak House Studio.  I used a non stick liner to attach the tape to this is about the same size as copy paper and is enough to have play with.  I stuck 3 strips of tape down and painted over them using the last 3 colours you can see in the paint pots in the top picture.  I then used the large snowflake which just fits onto the tape but I wasn't too bothered about getting the whole image on the tape as I stamped it randomly along the middle and the edges.  The second tape I stamped with a couple of the snowflakes and the words 'Let it Snow' along the middle and the last tape I used 3 snowflakes.

On a piece of card I drew some triangles in 2 different sizes, painted and stamped the images in the same colours as the tapes.  Once dry I cut the ones I liked the best and glued them to some turquoise card and cut around them leaving a small frame.  To make the triangles look more like trees I added tree trunks using the same turquoise card cut into squares.

I added the trees to cream card stock - the 2 small trees are glued to the card and the large one is attached with 3D foam to give the image some dimension.    
To finish off I added my DIY washi tape 'Let it Snow' below the trees.  


Three steps to make the 'washi' tape

The trees painted and stamped


The finished card.

That's if from me until tomorrow.  Don't forget to pop over to Art Every Day Month to see how everyone is doing with the challenge
Anita

3 comments:

SCarol said...

Wow, home made washi tape! Beautiful, love the trees with the snowflakes.

Jeanne-Sylvie said...

Excellent idea and beautiful result! Visiting from AEDM

Kerrie Price said...

Your website is beautiful Anita - so interesting, informative and artistic.