19/10/2014

Time For Tea

It's coming up to that time of the year when the masks come off and the broomsticks come out.  Of course I'm talking about Halloween whether you embrace it or not it seems to be getting bigger every year.  I'm all for having a good time..................or should that be a ghoul time hahahaha. 

A member over on one of the artist trading card sites where I'm a member is hosting a trade/swap named "Odd Ball Ornaments".  The aim is to make unusual ornaments which can then be hung on your Christmas tree or around the house............really wherever your heart pleases.  I've had several ideas including altered skeletons, eyeballs etc.  One of them includes altering foam ghoul shapes.  I found some in a local pound shop they are light weight and having a blank canvas to work on is great.

I've used some spray inks, acrylics, stencils, rubber stamps, buttons and one of them even has some watch parts.  

Spray inks and stenciled designs

The one on the left is completed and the other one I need to add some words.

I'm linking up with
 Handmade Harbour for Handmade Monday
Shells In the Bush for Blogtoberfest14
Inky Dinky Doodle for Sunday Sentiment 
Claire Justine for Creative Monday

Do go and visit the above blogs as they have some fantastic artist and blog links.
Anita


6 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

They're great for Halloween, but I'm not sure I would want to hang them on my Christmas tree, LOL! I keep forgetting they you can paint and ink foam just like paper!

Lucy Blossom said...

They look amazing but slightly disturbing too - perfect for Halloween.

Claire Justine said...

Oh wow, I love your designs here, these are great :)

Thanks for linking up #CreativeMondays

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

They look great and I love the skeletons you have posted on Facebook - great nails. Many thanks for your comment my blog post last week - so very true about stallhodlers selling themselves first followed by their work. Hope you have a good week.

SCarol said...

These are really original! I like the colours.

Laney said...

So cool! I would love to decorate my house with those :)