21/10/2014

52 Book Challenge Update

Earlier this year I joined a facebook group where the challenge was to read 52 books by the end of the year.  This challenge was started by the lovely Fiona from The Sewing Directory.   I won't have achieved this figure but it's certainly made me read more this year than I have done in the last few years.  I'm really enjoying being part of a group where the sole intention is to read and suggest books you've read - it's little like a book club but without the intense breakdown of each book.  It's also made me look at and read books by authors I would never have picked.  I've still got a long way to go but to date I've read 23 books and nearly 3/4 of the way of book 24.  I still have a pile of books on my desk waiting to be read - yes I still like and read proper paper books.  I did give into buying a kindle for convenience when travelling but there's nothing like a proper book. 

So here is my list so far it's quite a diverse list- 
1. Cross Stitch - Diana Gabaldon
2. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
3. Nothing to Lose - Lee Child
4. Dodger - Terry Pratchett
5. Fault in Our Stars - John Green
6. Manuscript from Accra -  Paulo Coehlo
7. The Holiday - Jane Green
8. 31 Dream Street - Lisa Jewell
9. Where'd You Go Bernadette - Maria Semple
10. Divas - Rebecca Chance
11. Memento Mori - Muriel Spart
12. 61 Hours - Lee Child
13. The Hat Shop on the Corner - Marita Conlan Mckenna
14. The Best of Times - Penny Vincenzi
15. Dragonfly In Amber - Diana Gabaldon
16. Voyager - Diana Gabaldon
17. The List - Joanna Bolouri
18. A Walk Across the Sun - Corban Addison
19. About A Girl - Lindsey Kelk
20. The Nothing Girl - Jodi Taylor
21. Family Magic - Patti Larson
22. The Moonglow Cafe - Deborah Garner 
23. Game of Thrones book one - A Song of Ice and Fire -George R R Martin
24. Game of Thrones - book two A Clash of Kings  - George RR Martin - currently reading

Anita
#blogtoberfest14 day 21

No comments: