20/10/2013

Pumpkins and Pumpkins

Mention pumpkins and you conjure up an image of carved out evil looking faces with candles burning inside them.  Well mine is a pumpkin but no candles inside and not carved either.  This is done to ATC size (2.5 x 3.5 inches - ATC = artist trading cards). Firstly I sketched out a rough design then I transfered it onto some calico and painted it with Derwent inktense water colour pencils. For the outline I used a grey/black embroidery thread - 2 strands and back-stitched it all around the pencil lines.  For the eyes I've used yellow sequins and beads down the front.  The edges are bound using button-hole/blanket stitch.

Fabric ATC

This one is the original sketch which I have cleaned up and painted with Polychromo pencils.


Original Sketch

Now head on over to Handmade Monday over at the Handmade Harbour blog and see what the other clever artists have been making.

No comments: