16/10/2013

Midweek Paper Party Something Pretty

I can't believe we're already into week 9 of the Paper Party over at Handmade Harbour.  This weeks theme is 'Something Pretty'.  I bought a couple of Daler Rowney sketch books from an art store across from where I work but they have boring black covers on them.  One I've already used to sketch in but the bigger one I want to make into a journal.  Now I have no idea how to journal but at least I can make a start with the cover by making it look pretty and inviting.  To make the front of the journal I've used the #45 butterflies and hearts and #195 flowers in a frame digi stamps.  These are 3 of my favourite things hearts, butterflies and flowers you just can't go wrong with them.  

I've printed the flower image twice and with one of them I've cut away the background and added some textured painted paper.  The flowers are cut out and mounted with foam pads to give some dimension -these were placed just off center onto the printed flowers. The center of the flowers I've added some micro beads to add texture.  The butterflies are cut and mounted onto wire to give them a floaty/flying feeling.  I've used my trusted Inktense water colour pencils to colour them in with.  You can't see it on the photograph but the hearts on the butterflies are highlighted with dimensional magic to give them a raised look.  

So here it is I hope you like what I've made and feel inspired to make your own creations with these lovely and versatile digi stamps from Handmade Harbour. 

I've seen what the other artists have made and I think you won't be disappointed - so I would urge you to pop over to Handmade Harbour for a nosey.

Have fun being creative.
Anita

Shared on the following challenges - 

No comments: