17/09/2013

Handmade Harbour Mid-Week Paper Craft Party - Happy Hearts

Oh the weeks are flying by.  Here I am running late with my card for the Handmade Harbour design team challenge.  I'm on the last minute this week as I'd been preparing for a textile workshop and had a craft fair on Saturday which I'd booked months ago.

This weeks theme is Happy Days (the title reminds me of the Fonz does anyone remember watching Happy Days?  I used to love it.  Anyway I'm going off topic.  So I've been wanting to use the heart stamps but the opportunity hasn't arisen until now.  I love hearts and I think this stamp fits in perfectly if you are using to make wedding cards, gift tags or invites.  The stamp is very versatile and as the hearts make me 'happy' I thought I would use it for the challenge.

I've used Koh-i-noor water colours to paint the heart, added some tiny pale blue heart buttons and then added some buttons onto wire and attached them to the back of the heart to make them look like they are shooting out of the heart.  The tiny hearts are punched from some background paper I had painted. The background lined paper is some scrapbook paper which I've added some ink with inkpads and a touch of silver glitter to finish it off.

If you would like to see some more of the design teams cards why not pop on over to the Mid-week paper craft party and join in the fun.  



Happy Crafting 
Anita


No comments: