27/10/2011

Women In Business & Networking


Starting your own business is daunting in itself but to be a woman starting out can be even more frightening especially if you work from home and don’t have a “office/work place” to go to.  It can be very lonely and isolating.  
When I started my business I had no idea the amount of support and networking events that are out there.  Some are specifically catered to women,  others are more corporate businesses, business clubs etc.  There are too many to name.  
In my first few weeks of setting up I received a lot of help and advice from The Tameside Business Family run by the local council in Tameside.  This was great in getting to know the practical side of things like tax, book-keeping etc but didn’t really help with connecting to other people in business.
Too read the full article please pop over to my website blog
This is a photograph of some of the group members

No comments: